Who can get the Rector’s Scholarship?
Students, who maintain continuity of studies and meet at least one of conditions below:
- obtain a high GPA during the preceding year,
- have significant scientific achievements,
- have significant artistic achievements,
- have achievements in sport on a national and/or international level.
Only achievements completed in previous academic year will be taken into account. It means that when you are applying for scholarship for academic year 2016/2017 you can present achievements from 2015/2016.
First Year Students:
Rector’s Scholarship can be given to first year students if they have been recruited by University in the year of graduation from high school. Such students have to be laureates of International Science Olympiad or one of Polish science Olympiads.
Who cannot get the Rector’s Scholarship?
Rector’s Scholarship cannot be given:
- to people, who have a master’s degree,
- to those, who graduated from university (bachelor’s or master’s degree) and now are applying as students of junior college,
- if time elapsed between the end of bachelor’s degree and the beginning of master’s is more than 12 months,
- if from the beginning of master’s degree elapsed more than 3 years,
- to those, who have failed a year,
- to those, who resumed studies after being expelled from University,
- Students who failed to maintain continuity of studies.
How and when?
In order to apply for a scholarship, each student needs to fill in an application in USOSweb, print it, sign it, and deliver it either to the Scholarship Commission or to the Students’ Office of your Faculty.
USOSweb -> Log in -> Common Section -> Applications -> fill in and follow the steps.
There is necessity to put bank account in USOS. Without it, you will not be able to register your application and receive the scholarship!
DEADLINE: 17 OCTOBER 2016!
It is the deadline for submitting the printed, signed application to Students’ Office or Scholarship Committee of your Faculty.
Who will get the Rector’s Scholarship?
According to rules of granting the Scholarship, Rector of University of Warsaw sets the percent limit of students, who are able to receive the Scholarship. The number of students who may be granted the Scholarship cannot be lower than 5% and higher than 10%. It will be announced 14 days before payout, int he middle of November.
© Izabela Pawlak, Natalia Wojciechowska